Matthew Rait from Siemens pictures the future of rail
We had the opportunity to interview Matthew Rait, Picture the Future: Mobility Market Analyst from Siemens at AusRAIL PLUS 2011.
1. Matthew, your role at Siemens is Picture the Future Market Analyst, can you tell us what the future holds for rail?
2. What do you see as our key challenges in relation to mobility in the future?
3. And following on from that, what will be the costs to us as a nation if we don't address these challenges in the most appropriate way?
4. What examples of mobility solutions have you studied from elsewhere in the world that Australia could learn from?
5. Finally Matthew, how have you found AusRAIL this year, and why do you feel it is such a key event in the rail industry calendar?
Happy to hear your thoughts!